I read a recent article by Dave Kerpen, CEO of Likeable, entitled “8 Brands That Have Found Success on Facebook & What We Can Learn. In it, he highlighted 8 companies whose strategies have brought them success on the Facebook platform.
This is not only a great read, but Kerpen also identified 8 corresponding takeaways that anyone can add to their Facebook strategy aresenal.
I encourage you to read the entire article, but for brevity, I’m listing the lessons learned below:
“1. Ask your staff, customers, vendors, and partners — who already know you and like you — to “Like” your Facebook page first.
2. Ask a lot of questions. You’ll get valuable feedback, plus you’ll be more likely to appear in your fans’ newsfeeds.
3. Share lots of photos, and ask your fans to share photos. Facebook’s Photos remain the most viral feature of its platform.
4. Find the resources to respond to your fans questions and inquiries.
5. If you have a physical location, use Place Pages and Deals to drive traffic through your doors.
6. Know your audience well, and when you make a mistake, quickly own up, do right by your audience and fix the problem.
7. Integrate Facebook outside of your Fan Page, on your website, in as many places as you can. Create more compelling opportunities for people to buy your product based on their friends’ Likes.
8. Find synergy with other organizations and entities, and then work together to promote each other’s Facebook pages so that everyone benefits.”
Which one do you think is the best? Do you have any other strategies you’d like to share – to do’s and NOT to do’s? We’d love to read your comments below.
To Your Business Success,
Becky, for Social Media Services
Image credit: “Planet Facebook/Planet Earth” by Paul Butler