Video has become a mandatory marketing tool for anyone wanting to establish an online presence, and especially those who have local businesses and need to get found online. Here are 7 reasons you should make 2012 the year you add it to your own marketing toolbox.
1) Google loves video. Google bought YouTube. If you’re paying attention, you’ve noticed that Google ranks video high in its search rankings. So if you want to improve your business’s rankings, start adding video to your website, YouTube, Facebook page, and other digital media platforms.
2) Video is more sensory. Video combines audio, visual, and emotional elements into one, which exponentially raises the impact of the message. It not only helps keep the attention of the audience, but also creates an emotional bond. You already know that buying decisions are based more on emotion rather than logic, so video becomes a great tool to help with purchasing conversions.
3) Video helps strengthen bonds between the author and the viewer. Using a multisensory tool like video helps the viewer get to know the presenter much better. The know/like/trust sequence progresses much faster when using video. As trust increases, the viewer feels much more comfortable with the presenter and is more likely to purchase from him.
4) Video is much easier to create than it used to be. With huge advances in hardware, software and bandwidth, video has become almost point-and-shoot-like. Raw video has become relatively easy to create and can be uploaded online within minutes.
5) Video is inexpensive to produce. If you’re willing to invest in a few basic video tools, you can be a DIY videographer. It can run into some major money to have video work outsourced, so it’s worth spending a little time yourself to create some great valuable content your audience will appreciate.
6) Video is entertaining. Video’s natural activity makes it more interesting and enjoyable, compared to other media forms.
7) Video is more convenient. People can move through video content a lot quicker than reading through text. So why not help them maximize their time and give them value and convenience, too?
So, it’s time to delve into video tasks this year (we’re sure planning to). Are you already doing this yourself? If so, share below what you’ve found to be the best hardware and software – for Macs and PCs. If not, let us know what’s holding you back, and we’ll try to help in future blog posts.
To Your Business Success,
Becky, for Social Media Services
Image Credit: webtreats - 272 YouTube Icons Promo Pack